Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ho Siu-kee: Body Gesture — Part Two





" O , that's all? "
my first impression to the exhibition after I glanced through the first and second floor of the gallery within 10 mins.

About 7 pieces of "sculptures" and a videowork were displayed, which were out of my expectation.I anticipated more from " Kee Gor " , as my colleague claimed he is one of the Masters among HK art scene.

I walked back to the beginning and started looking again.

The " emptiness" between the space and "sculptures" allow us to move freely and to explore his works from different presepectives.It also allows you to explore your own body movement while looking at his works. The most interesting part is , the artist allows you to touch and feel his "scultpures".Bit by bit, i start creating my own experience / "linkage" with his works.

I am an outsider on how to distinguish a " good" or " bad" "sculpture" but this is a very new experience for me to encounter sculptures in such an "interactive" way.
Is it only a sculpture?

PS:what a lovely little scone buscuits specially hand made by my colleague!
It matches with this exhibition perfectly: SIMPLE yet Thorough !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi i am sculpture from india , your work is mindbloing , realy u doing creative job ,ALL THE BEST FOR WORK