Thursday, July 19, 2007

Anchor Music (Tag Blog)

In response to Green Rabbit's request on "your favorite Anchor Music",
here comes my anchor music .. or music which smooth my moody day ...

1) Bjork - Declare Independence



* A track from her latest album "Volta".
I am so moved by the strong rhythm and lyrics!
this is the live performance from Glastonbury 2007 ! very powerful!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2) The Verve - On your own



Tell me what you seen
Was it a dream?
Was I in it?
Life seems so obscene
Until it's over
Who knows?

All I want is someone who can fill the hole
In the life I know
In between life and death
When there's nothing left
Do you wanna know?

You come in on your own
And you leave on your own
Forget the lovers you've know
And your friends on your own

* The Verve is one of my fav. music band ..this song is almost 10 yrs from now...
The lyrics is not the "encouraging" one , but a very true and honest piece of word...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
3) The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony



'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
Try to make ends meet
You're a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places
where all the veins meet yeah,

No change, I can change
I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold
I am here in my mold
But I'm a million different people
from one day to the next
I can't change my mold
No, no, no, no, no

Well I never pray
But tonight I'm on my knees yeah
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now
But the airways are clean and there's nobody singing to me now

* Still , the song from my fav. band , i love...not only the lyrics, the beat..but also the MV...simple yet straight to the point!
Imagine you walk on the street with the tune in your mind....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4) Madonna - Sorry



I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know
Please don't say you're sorry
I've heard it all before
And I can take care of myself
I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know
Please don't say 'forgive me'
I've seen it all before
And I can't take it anymore

You're not half the man you think you are
Save your words because you've gone too far
I listened to your lies and all your stories (listen to your stories)
You're not half the man you'd like to be

Don't explain yourself cause talk is cheap
There's more important things than hearing you speak
You stayed because I made it so convenient (made it so convenient)
Don't explain yourself, you'll never see

* i admit, this is my recent fav. "heal the heartbreak" + cycling song...
i just found out it also applies in my work ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
5) Pink Floyd - Another Brick of the Wall



* my anchor music / school anthem in my high sch and uni days..
--------------------------------------------------------------------
6) 林憶蓮 - 為何他會離開你



* why it becomes my anchor music ?... the lyrics act like a sharp knife and stab
directly into your wounded heart... instead of stab deepen into your wound,it "encourage " you to bounce back and release from the pain ...
"Just let it go" ...another "heartbreak healing song"

well, that's all i can think of at this moment...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Tag blog:
Green Rabbit

1 comment:

Green Rabbit said...

Thanks, so efficient^O^
I'll link it up right away...
似乎又係外國人幫到大家~hehe~